Thursday, December 18, 2008

Healthy snacks I snagged at the EMART!







First picture are of colorful rice cakes. I had no idea what this was, but the excitement on both Yuree and Juno's face made me run to them. No added sugar, made straight from rice, and good for you (Yuree and Juno informed me). The colors are made with pure fruit and vegetables, like grape (purple) and pumpkin. I thought the cakes would be fluffy and taste like cake, but it wasn't! I was shocked to take a bite and realize they were chewy, and good!
Second picture is dried persimmon, sweet with an interesting texture. In traditional Chinese medicne it is used to regulate ch'i, and the raw fruit is used to treat constipation and hemorrhoids, amd to stop bleeding! Oh and my little juicer, any fruit I buy I like to juice it if I do not feel like eating it whole. I can't seem to find a "real" juicer here, but I'm on the hunt.
Third picture is their rice snacks. Very good for you, and addicting! These are the soft ones, the outside is covered with certain nuts and such. The hard ones I haven't tried but I will!

No comments: