Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Sunrise

After I woke up from a dead sleep, mind you I was completely swollen from all the crying I did at the airport saying goodbye to everyone, I opened the window shade to see this!
The sunrise...
That is frost on the window, and below is ice. I saw glaciers, and the ocean was black!

To say goodbye to everyone at the airport was tough, and I was so scared. I knew in my heart it was time for me to go, but I was leaving my comfort zone...it felt as though the umbilical cord got cut off haha!

The moment I went up the escalator and I could not see everyone, a feeling came over me, I was going to be okay. It was as though a white path was shown to me, so I would not get lost. Through all of the different airports and the overnight stay in Seoul, all of it happened with no bumps, and no confusion. I felt comfortable, everyone was kind and helpful, and it seemed so easy to get around!

Once I arrived on Jeju Island, I felt calm and happy...I was picked up by my recruiters best friend and coworker. I was admiring the island, and the warmth of that day. He informed that before I got there, it was rainy and very cloudy. While he was driving me to my apartment he pointed out Mt. Halla, which is the highest mountain in South Korea, and proceeded to go on in amazement about how clear and warm it was.

He smiled and said, "I think the island is welcoming you!" We laughed together, and continued our drive...

No comments: