Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe it's Christmas, and for the first time I am away from my loved ones =(

Christmas here, well with whom I am around, is celebrated more modestly then what I am use to seeing.
Christmas is not a big deal to them; not like how it is in the states, by any means.
They do spend time with family and loved ones, but things are "different."
Just to point out, one of the EXTREME differences is the gift giving process.
In the states kids are given a mass amount of goodies and gifts. Here, on Jeju Island, the children receive one gift, if any. It amazed me because I was waiting for the kids to shout out things they wanted and christmas lists, but instead they shrugged their shoulders and said "not big deal."
I was in shock, and in a way glad to see and be apart of this.
It is not about gifts or money but about love and gatherings.

And with that, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL, AND REMEMBER TO ACCEPT AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
APPRECIATE EVERYDAY!

Warmest Blessings
Lori

No comments: