Sunday, December 28, 2008

My 1st Korean Wedding



Yuree and Juno invited me to one of their college friends wedding, and I accepted graciously. It was my first Korean wedding, and it was interesting.
There were so many people; some people were actually standing.
I met one of Yuree's long time friends, Michelle, she guided me through what was going on.
To my attention the groom started doing push-ups. Michelle told me this just started a couple of years ago, he must do three, and with every push up the groom has to say I Love You. They also had a singer, sing them a song towards the end of the reception.

The wedding was short, and the second it was over everyone scattered to the buffet. Meats, sushi, oysters, shrimp, noodles, gimbap, with ham =(, salads, and so much more.
We finally found a place to sit, enjoyed lunch, and then coffee and desserts.

No comments: