Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rainy and Stormy Days




This will be a hectic week with report cards and speaking tests and I am not looking forward to it all. However, the days are here--as windy and rainy as they are--it is the upcoming New Year Celebration here in South Korea! Forget Valentine's Day. Sigh. Below are some beloved quotes I have come across recently that I would like to share. Enjoy!

i feel like telling you everything
talking until
my words aren't apart of me anymore,
they are apart of the air
and suddenly they are not my problem
and i am free

things change. and friends leave.
and life doesn't stop for anybody.
(the perks of being a wall flower)

That’s the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty,
even if they’re not much to look at, or even if they’re sort of stupid,
you fall in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are.
Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can.
(you will be missed J.D. Salinger; this is a piece from Catcher in the Rye)

anyone can escape into sleep,
we are all geniuses when we dream,
the butcher's the poet's equal there...
(Cioran)

And my ultimate favorite at the moment:

the woman who follows the crowd
will usually go no further than the crowd.
the woman who walks alone
is likely to find herself in places
no one has ever been before.
(Albert Einstein)

No comments: