Saturday, February 27, 2010

Doing report cards+no more sounds of rain = a serious lack of inspiration

More than I am liking.

And not only inspiration but movement. I haven't been able to get focused and write! It is an awful feeling, really. One, I currently wish would drift away just like the rain has done; the rain is such a pretty sound to me.

Neil Gaiman has said you get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we are doing it. And so, I sit with my ideas but my mind is not even close to writing. On second thought, I am getting a slight nudge as I type...hmmm. Maybe I am noticing?

As some of you may know I am trying to write a novel, or something at the moment, about this whole experience--well, in a way. I was thinking of making the blog more deliberate, maybe using it as a skeleton for the book. Maybe even get a book deal from it; Julie Powell's blog turned book then turned movie Julie & Julia. That's all in a dream; one that is not even close to dead ;)

But I am stuck and as in the words of Janet Frame writing a novel is not merely going on a shopping expedition across the border to the unreal world: it is hours and years spent in factories, the streets, the cathedrals of the imagination.

Okay, time for me to leave. I am going to turn off the lights and place tons of tea lights around my room; to get lost in the magic.

To everyone, don't forget to stop in the moment and wonder the corridors of your soul. You never know what you will find or stumble upon.

And a special appreciation to all of my readers; the followers (all 21 of you ha ha) and the book markers (whom I recently found out). I am truly grateful for the support, thank you!

No comments: