Thursday, February 4, 2010

A great email I received from the newsletter Selah

Thursday Focus
Knowing Is Not Enough; We Must Apply. Willing Is Not Enough; We Must Do. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Today's Word
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. ~Philippians 4:13
Today's Thought
Get Down To Business.

It is tempting to allow planning and daydreaming to cloud out the actual work of moving towards a goal.
At some point, you've got to get to work, make calls, have conversations, change your attitude, and make decisions!
Until you focus on actually doing the steps necessary to accomplish your goals, you will be burdened with the tension of what you should be doing but aren't.
When you decide to do it, begin to do it. Give substance to your commitment by acting on it right away. Intention is powerful, and yet there's something your intention must have in order to survive. That something is real, solid action.
Planning is important, but the plan only becomes reality when you take action!
A small positive action can often make a big positive difference in your outlook on life. Even something quick and simple can shift your momentum.
Remember: Big Doors Swing On Little Hinges.
Nike was right. Just Do It!


I thought this was great; you know when there are times when one is thinking about something or needs to hear something and then BAM! You get an email or a phone call or any sign to encourage, enforce or give you what you need to forge through.

To me it is always God--an example; as I am alone here and I am perfectly well in it (I am a bit of a loner--trekking along the paths of life being strong and independent), I can also get a serious craving of wanting to be surrounded by loved ones and being dependent (normal--I know). And even though I am surrounded by loving people, friends, and kids and my writing, of course, there are moments when any person needs that boost or "the" message to affirm the yes!
So there have been times when I could get so sad--so sad that it hurts so much or even feeling alone but then BAM (again)! I will get some message in any form to remind me that I am so unbelievable loved or giving me courage, it is really amazing. Every time I just say thank you God, thank you.

So before I got this email above I was going through a numerous amount of wanting and wishful thinking but no action. Well, I did a lot prior to this email--doing my writing portfolio, applying to graduate programs and all that but recently I've been wanting to do a few more things with my work and writing. I felt the surge of feeling this message above was sending and when I woke up to get it this morning it made me nod my head and get to it!

And, am I right when I say it is a great feeling to get moving on your goals?! It is!

So readers...



I don't know the answer either...



We just need to listen to it...
The path is not always straight...

And sometimes we need to stand alone...

~seeinhermindseye~

No comments: