Saturday, November 7, 2009

Minjae Lee

I am lovin' this South Korean 19-year old artist; at 19 he is able to get in touch with the woman side of things. His name Minjae Lee, and his craft is using old-fashioned tools such as acrylics, pens, crayons, and markers. Women predominately ornate his work but his recent work moves into a different culture. His work exudes an inner tension or turmoil that is not neglected in his work; each piece I have seen transfixes me in to them.

If you click on his name in the title it will lead you straight to his sight. He has yet to merge into commercial abundance but there is no doubt his talent will not go unnoticed. Until then, with more time he is just learning and developing his art.

"WE ARTISTS ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE, EVEN IN A PRISON CELL OR CONCETRATION CAMP I WOULD BE ALMIGHTY IN MY OWN WORLD OF ART. EVEN IF I HAD TO PAINT MY PICTURES WITH MY WET TONGUE ON THE DUSTY FLOOR OF MY CELL."

~~~Pablo Picasso









No comments: